1. Interior Design Show – The latest home trends and innovations are on display this weekend as the Metro Toronto Convention Centre hosts the Interior Design Show. The show features more than 300 companies, architects and designers, including Canadian pop culture icon Douglas Coupland. Tickets start at $19.
2. Toronto Design Offsite Festival – If you don’t want to commit to one location, this is a fantastic event to check out. The Toronto Design Offsite Festival (TODO) sees an array of works from a wide range of creative disciplines displayed across the city. The festival includes exhibits, lectures, shopping, and features the work of Canadian designers. The work is displayed at various hot spots like the Design Exchange, OCAD U Student Gallery, Ontario Craft Council Gallery, and more. The festival includes popular exhibitions such as Come Up to My Room, Design Walk-In Pop-Up, and Pop-Up Shops. Fun Fact: This year Bosley Real Estate Queen West (my office) is hosting a Pop-Up Shop for Fugitive Glue, a Toronto-based multi-disciplinary design studio working within the fields of industrial and graphic design, branding, web development and fine art.
3. National Bridal Show – It’s January which means it’s the start of wedding planning season. Whether you’re a newly-engaged Bride, Maid-of-Honour or just want to be prepared when he finally pops the question, you’ll have a great time at the National Bridal Show this weekend. The show features the latest in wedding registries, fashion accessories, favours, flowers, cakes, DJs, gowns, tuxes and everything else needed to plan the big day. Highlights include the fashion show for the latest in wedding trends, tons of bridal gown sales, meet and greets with Toronto’s top event planners, giveaways, draws.
4. Toronto’s Ultimate Travel Show – This is the perfect time to plan a vacation. If you can’t decide between relaxing on a white-sand beach or backpacking through Europe, the show will help you discover many cultures through hundreds of exhibitors, seminars and entertainment from around the world. This two day event is filled with the best in trip planning resources, from hotels to seminars, and features live scuba diving demos, rock climbing and a Caribbean band.
5. Winter Grilling With Executive Chef Rob Rainford – If you love everything BBQ and appreciate the art of the perfectly prepared steak this is where you should be this weekend. Executive Chef of Gossip Restaurant, located on the grounds of the Canadian National Exhibition, demonstrates the step-by-step process of winter grilling. Taking place on the 4000 square foot patio, Rainford offers a three course meal with beer pairings, including brandy butter-infused grilled beef tenderloin, tuna lollipops, bacon-wrapped chicken chops and thai-style BBQ flank steak. You will also receive a signed copy of Rob Rainford’s book Born to Grill. Call for reservations.